Registration is now open. All conference activities are open to the general public.
- Advance registration by March 17th is necessary to participate in conference events. For online Conference Registration, please click here.
- The English Country Dance requires no advance registration. Admission ($5) is payable at the door. Students with an ID and registered conference participants will be admitted for free.
Rooms at the Plattsburgh Comfort Inn and Suites will be available at special conference rates for those registered for the conference, beginning mid-July. The Inn also comprises Perkins Restaurant and Bakery, the Plattsburgh Brewing Company, and the Eclipse Fitness Center. The Plattsburgh Brewing Company will be a great place for post-conference discussion. To secure a room at the conference rate ($89/night), please call the Comfort Inn and Suites and tell them that you are part of the “Jane Austen & the Arts” conference: (518) 562-2730.
Getting to Plattsburgh
- Plattsburgh International Airport (Montreal’s US Airport) Roughly three miles from the campus, off exit 36 of I-87.
- Burlington International Airport (Burlington, VT). Across Lake Champlain from Plattsburgh, NY. Rental cars are available at the airport. If you rent a car, please be prepared to pay cash for the ferry across Lake Champlain from Grand Isle, VT., which runs 24/7.
By rail: (Amtrak) – The station is in the city, near the lake and about a mile from the campus.
By bus: (Greyhound) – The station is approximately 1.7 miles from the campus
Note: Local taxis are available and affordable. City Taxi: (518) 561-7777
By car: Directions to Angell College Center
Estimated Travel Times at a Glance
- Albany, NY: 2.5 hrs
- Binghamton, NY: 5 hrs
- Boston, MA: 5 hrs
- Buffalo, NY: 7 hrs
- Burlington, VT: 1 hr
- Hartford, CT: 4.5 hrs
- Montreal, Canada: 1 hr
- New York City, NY: 5.5 hrs
- Rochester, NY: 6 hrs
- Springfield, MA: 4 hrs
- Syracuse, NY: 4.5 hrs
- Utica, NY: 3.5 hrs
- Watertown, NY: 3 hrs
Maps and Travel Guides
- Downloadable Waking Map of Campus (best for finding your way around campus)
- Aerial Map of Campus
- Other Campus Maps
- New York State and Adjacent States (shows major travel routes)
- Google Maps